Sandra Taylor , M.D., F.A.C.S. -
Dr. Taylor began her medical practice at the Boulder Medical Center in August, 2008.
MEDICAL TRAINING AND SPECIALTY
Dr. Taylor earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from George Fox College in Newberg, Oregon. She received her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Taylor received a Masters of Tropical Medicine and International Health from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, in London, United Kingdom. She completed a Department of Surgery Residency Program at the University of California Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, California.
Dr. Taylor's surgical skills include diagnosis, pre and post operative procedures in the following areas:
- Alimentary tract – esophagus, stomach, small bowel and large bowel.
- Abdomen and its contents – diaphragm, biliary tract, liver, pancreas and spleen.
- Breast, skin and soft tissue – benign and malignant disease.
- Endocrine – thyroid and parathyroid glands, the pancreas and adrenal glands.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery - may cause less pain and have a faster recovery time - used when appropriate.
- Surgical Oncology – including coordinated management of the cancer patient. Focusing on breast, lung, and intestinal malignancies.
- Comprehensive management of trauma – the responsibility for all phases of trauma care.
Dr. Taylor is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. She is a member of the Colorado Medical Society and the Boulder County Medical Society. Dr. Taylor completed DaVinci Robotic Surgery skills training in January 2010.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Taylor please call 303-938-4710. Boulder Medical Center’s Foothills office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. However, specific hours for each physician may vary.
In case of emergency Dr. Taylor or one of her colleagues in the Surgery Department can be reached 24 hours a day by calling 303-440-3000.
Thank you for choosing the Boulder Medical Center.