The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that everyone 6 months and older (with very rare exceptions) should get a flu shot. And this year, it is more crucial than ever to get one, experts say, to reduce the spread of the virus and keep the health care system from being overtaxed with flu cases combined with continued surges of Covid-19.
Boulder Medical Center is offering flu shot clinics on Saturdays in September, October, and November for existing patients. Here are the details:
Who Can Get a Flu Shot at Boulder Medical Center?
- You MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to receive a flu shot at the Flu Shot Clinic.
- For patients who want to make payment the day of service, we will only be accepting credit or debit cards. No cash will be accepted.
- Any person who has been a patient at any Boulder Medical Center provider within the past 3 years can make an appointment for the flu shot clinics;
- Flu shots can only be given to those who are ages 6 months and older;
- Families can receive their flu shots at the same time if:
- All family members are patients at Boulder Medical Center, AND
- Patients schedule 5 minutes for the first two family members and 5 minutes for each additional family member.
How to Make a Flu Shot Clinic Appointment
- Appointments for the flu shot clinic are required;
- To make an appointment, call your BMC primary care provider or our Centralized Scheduling line at (303) 440-3001.
Flu Shot Schedule and Locations
- Regular Dose Flu Shot Clinics
BMC-Boulder | Broadway and BMC-Louisville | Avista
These clinics will be conducted outdoors. Please look for the Flu Shot Clinic signs when when you arrive for your appointment.
- September 19
- September 26
- October 3
- October 10
- October 17
- October 24
- October 31
- November 7
- November 14
- High-Dose Flu Shot Clinics
- BMC-Boulder | Broadway: October 12 through 16. Clinics will be held outdoors. Look for the Flu Shot Clinic signs when you arrive for your appointment.
- BMC-Louisville | Avista: October 12 and 13. This clinic will be held indoors. Please look for the Flu Shot Clinic signs when you arrive for appointment.
- Any patient 8 years old and younger who is receiving their first-ever flu shot must have an additional shot scheduled 28-30 days after their first shot.
- What to wear:
- Children should wear shorts or sweat pants that can be rolled up, as they will receive their shot in the thigh;
- Adults should wear shirts that allow access to their upper arm.