Tobey Schultz, DO
About Tobey Schultz
Dr. Tobey Schultz is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), certified by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Osteopathic physicians focus on prevention, tuning into how a patient’s lifestyle and environment can impact their wellbeing. DOs strive to help you be truly healthy in mind, body, and spirit—not just free of symptoms.
Q & A: Get to Know Tobey Shultz, DO
- Where did you live while growing up?
I was born in Tennessee and grew up in Sugar Land, Texas.
- When did you know that you wanted to practice medicine?
My pediatrician was always funny, and I thought that it must be fun to be a doctor! Also, I love science and talking to people, so I put them together, and becoming a physician sounded great.
- What is the most inspiring part of working in the urgent care setting?
I like helping our patients in real-time, helping fix their problems right then. I also enjoy the variety. I worked in primary care for several years, then tried urgent care and enjoyed it. I also still work in hospitals a few days each year.
- What are the best skills you bring to your practice?
I remember that this is my workday, but the patient might be having a terrible day when they come to the urgent care. I want to make sure our patients feel welcomed and cared for. Even better if I can make them smile.
- What is your philosophy of care?
The body was expertly designed and can usually take care of itself. Sometimes we can use science to help it along. Laughter is the best medicine.
- What do you enjoy in your free time?
Cuddling my baby cat (Mcat), paddleboarding, skiing, camping (mostly so I can make camp food), spending time with my family- my nieces are my heart. Gardening, woodworking, and my Peloton.
- Any additional items your patients would be interested in knowing about you and your practice?
I am a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), completed extra training for Osteopathic manipulative treatment and some sports medicine. I like to be very hands-on and try to diagnose or safely fix an injury with manipulation, if possible.
Dr. Tobey Schultz is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), certified by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). DOs, are fully licensed physicians who practice in all areas of medicine. Emphasizing a whole-person approach to treatment and care, DOs are trained to listen and partner with their patients to help them get healthy and stay well.
Osteopathic physicians focus on prevention, tuning into how a patient’s lifestyle and environment can impact their wellbeing. DOs strive to help you be truly healthy in mind, body, and spirit—not just free of symptoms.
Education and Certifications
Graduate School — Lewis Gale Hospital Montgomery Graduate Medical Program
Family Medicine Residency - 400+ Hours
Medical School — Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Undergraduate — Middle Tennessee State University
Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
- 2017- 12/31/2025 Board Certified Family Medicine/OMT
- 2012 – Present Basic Life Support (BLS), AHA
- 2012 – Present Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), AHA
- 2012 – Present Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), AHA
- 2017 OMT Cranial/Fascia Course, 40hour Dr Chilla
- 2016 – 2018 Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- 2013 Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine