Contracted Insurance List
Important information regarding contracted insurance plans at Boulder Medical Center
- As a patient, you are responsible for knowing if Boulder Medical Center doctors are contracted with your insurance plan. The best way to confirm this is by contacting your insurance company and/or your Human Resources Department (if your insurance is through your workplace).
- Boulder Medical Center doctors are not contracted with any exclusive HMO plans.
- Any other commercial (non-government Medicare/non-Medicaid) plans that are not listed below may be able to be set up as self-pay plans. Contact the Boulder Medical Center business office prior to making an appointment with your provider so that we can work with you to verify insurance coverage and patient balance payment options.
- Boulder Medical Center does not participate with Champus / Tricare / Triwest or Champva plans and cannot set these patients up as self-pay. We do participate in the VA Choice Plan for cardiology services only. Veterans MUST contact the VA directly to determine their eligibility for cardiology services.
- New-to-Medicaid Plan patients are only accepted as each physician’s schedule allows, and those questions can only be answered by each physician’s office staff, not the BMC Business Office staff.
- Insurance contracts are subject to change without notice.
Boulder Medical Center accepts the following Health Insurance Plans (effective July 2017)
- Indemnity NAP
- NC NAP
- Open Access
- POS, POS II
- PPO, PPO Open Choice
- US Access
- Ameriben-CU student needs referral from Wardenburg
ANTHEM / Blue Cross Blue Shield
- University of Colorado employees
- High Deductible
- Medicare Primary
- PPO Extended
- EPO – Patient must confirm with insurance that Boulder Medical Center is in-network
- Federal Employee Program
- Gold Direct Access Multi-State – Check with Boulder Medical Center business office
- Anthem HMO
- Blue Advantage HMO
- Blue Priority
- HMO Colorado, HMO Colorado Guest Membership
- HMO USA
- Mountain Exchange – only with referral to Boulder Medical Center
- Pathways HMO
- Pathways XHMO
- POS – Check with Boulder Medical Center business office
- PPO – Your card must say “Bill Local BCBS” or “PPO” is in the suitcase logo
- Anthem Lumenos PPO (excluding UA NET)
CIGNA / Great West Health Plan (GWHP)
- HMO – Card must say “Cigna of Colorado”
- Indemnity – Card must say “Cigna of Colorado”
- Network – Card must say “Cigna of Colorado”
- Open Access Plus
- POS – Card must say “Cigna of Colorado”
- Advantage – Non-Medicare
- Choice Care PPO
- HMO Select excluding PFFS plans
- HMO Premier
- HMO X – Services must be authorized by Primary Care Physician (PCP) listed on card
- Humana One
- National POS Open Access (NPOS)
- Boulder Medical Center accepts patients whose Medicare Part B benefits are administered by Novitas for the Federal Government, with or without any type of Medicare Supplemental or Medigap plan.
- BMC does not accept Medicare Advantage/PFFS plans where benefits are managed by other commercial insurance companies. The only Advantage plan that BMC accepts is the Rocky Mountain Health Plan Senior Plan.
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Multi-Plan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- HMO – Patient must confirm with insurance that Boulder Medical Center is in-network.
- Senior Plans
- All Savers
- Charter – need Boulder Medical Center Primary Care Physician (PCP) or referral
- Choice and Choice Plus
- Compass – need Boulder Medical Center Primary Care Physician (PCP) or referral
- Golden Rune
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Heritage – River Valley
- Managed Indemnity
- Navigate and Navigate IHP – need Boulder Medical Center Primary Care Physician (PCP) or referral.
- Options PPO
- Select and Select Plus
- Sierra Health + Life
- Student Resources