To contact a specific Surgeon’s office, please click on their profile below.
The physicians who represent the Department of Surgery at the Boulder Medical Center are all certified by the American Board of Surgery. Established in 1931, the American Board of Surgery grants certification to those physicians who have met specific educational and credentialing requirements and have successfully completed an examination process. The purpose of establishing a specialty board was to identify those surgeons that have met a certain standard of excellence. The surgeon who has attained Certification has specialized knowledge and skill related to the diagnosis, preoperative, operative and postoperative management of surgical problems in the following areas:
- Alimentary Tract: esophagus, stomach, small bowel, large bowel, abdomen and its contents, diaphragm, biliary tract, liver, pancreas, spleen and hernias
- Breast: benign and malignant diseases
- Surgical Oncology: including coordinated management of the cancer patient
- Endocrine: thyroid and parathyroid glands, the pancreas and adrenal glands
- Robotic & Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Trauma: comprehensive management of the injured patient
- Thoracic Surgery including the management of benign and malignant conditions of the lungs and chest.
Robotic & minimally invasive surgical procedures are employed in many conditions where they have proven to be of benefit to patients in reducing their recovery times and causing less postoperative pain.
The surgeons of the Boulder Medical Center work closely with their patient’s primary care physicians to provide the highest possible level of care.
Recent General Surgery Posts
Dr. Pohlman and Dr. Taylor, board certified General Surgeons, are among the first in the Boulder County area to be…read more