Stephen Johs, M.D., F.A.C.S. -
Dr. Johs is a native of Los Angeles, California. He started his practice at Boulder Medical Center in 1988. He and his wife Nancy moved to Boulder so they could raise their family in a close-knit community with a stimulating environment. Dr. Johs and his family enjoy camping, skiing and backpacking.
MEDICAL TRAINING AND SPECIALTY
Dr. Johs received his Bachelor’s Degree with honors from the University of California at Irvine and his Medical Degree from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Medicine. He completed his five-year surgical residency at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, California. During his residency he was active in teaching and research. He is currently on the clinical faculty at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. Dr. Johs believes in providing quality patient care within a setting of genuine concern and education for every patient he sees, as well as maintaining the highest possible level of technical skill. Dr. Johs has proven specialized skill relating to the diagnosis, pre-operative, operative, and post-operative treatment of surgical problems in the following areas:
- Alimentary tract – esophagus, stomach, small bowel and large bowel.
- Abdomen and its contents – diaphragm, biliary tract, liver, pancreas and spleen.
- Breast, skin and soft tissue – benign and malignant disease.
- Endocrine – thyroid and parathyroid glands, the pancreas and adrenal glands.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery - may cause less pain and have a faster recovery time - used when appropriate.
- Surgical Oncology – including coordinated management of the cancer patient. Focusing on breast, lung, and intestinal malignancies.
- Comprehensive management of trauma – the responsibility for all phases of trauma care.
In addition Dr. Johs has a special interest in thoracic surgery including the surgical management of benign and malignant conditions of the lung and chest. He has performed minimally invasive surgical procedures since 1990.
Dr. Johs is a General Surgeon, certified by the American Board of Surgery in 1989. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Surgeons, a Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery. He is a charter member of the American Society of General Surgeons.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Johs please call 303-666-2632. Boulder Medical Center’s office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. However, specific hours for each physician may vary.
In case of emergency Dr. Johs or one of his colleagues in the Surgery Department can be reached 24 hours a day by calling 303-440-3000.
Thank you for choosing the Boulder Medical Center.